Friday, February 6, 2015

Isa Live at City Winery NYC

Last weekend I had the fabulous opportunity to see vegan all-star Isa Chandra Moskowitz "perform" live in New York City at City Winery. I went on the first night of her 4 city tour, and it was so neat to finally see her in person after years of following so many of her recipes!

The show was called "Isa Live: A Vegan Life In Four Courses" and was meant to be a four course dinner with wine pairing and cooking demonstration from Isa herself. Of course, Isa did not prepare all of the food that each person received, but the staff at City Winery did a fantastic job and everything we tried was delicious. I've seen some not so great reviews of the tour so far, but I'm baffled by why! Yes, the wine-tasting was an additional fee, but it was better to be able to choose your own glass of wine anyway. I think it was a great night and my husband and I had a fantastic time. :)

 
{The Menu - including all 4 courses. We had previewed it online beforehand and could not wait to try these fantastic dishes! }

 
{First course - grilled Caesar salad with grilled brussel sprouts and tofu. I usually despise brussel sprouts - somehow Isa made a brussel sprout lover out of me :) }

 
{Isa herself on the stage at City Winery }

 
{Second course - lentil chorizo tamales with mole rojo and guacamole - I haven't had a real tamale before but this was so amazing }

 
{ 3rd course - Chickpeas & Dumplings. This was so creamy and delicious, I'd love to re-create this dish at home on a cold night! }

 
{can't end dinner without dessert - 4th course was a chocolate cupcake with chocolate mousse frosting and coconut whipped cream.. drool-worthy! }

 
{ with isa herself! such an amazing night and so glad to have been a part of it!}

No comments: